Roland TD-17 Prizmatic Drum Sound Module Factory Refurb - Full Warranty
Drum Sound Module
THE SOUND AND EXPRESSION TO HELP YOU TO BECOME A BETTER DRUMMER, FASTER
The TD-17 Sound Module offers plenty of digital advantages to improve your drumming skills. It features a sound engine inherited from the flagship TD-50, for pro-quality expressive drum sounds that can faithfully reproduce the playability of acoustic drums. An array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation. You can play along with your favorite tunes or watch online drum lessons while listening to the audio wirelessly—pairing your smartphone with the TD-17 via Bluetooth®, which makes your daily practicing fun. With a host of interactive drumming features, the TD-17 module can help you to become a better drummer, faster.
- Expressive and dynamic sound inherited from Prismatic Sound modeling technology of the TD-50
- High-speed response with wider dynamic range, high-resolution of tonal changes
- Authentic hi-hat sound with smooth open-to-closed pedal control, and bow/edge tonal detection
- Open and closed rim-shots detected for authentic snare technique
- Bluetoothaudio for wirelessly streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 module
- Coach functions support your daily exercise and warm-up routines
- Playback audio files from SD card
- Preset drum kits cover a wide range of music genres, with further sound customization possible
- Ambience control and variation, to emulate venues from small stages to large halls
- Import user samples, assign them to any pad and layer them with internal sounds for deeper customization and creating individual drum sounds
- Compatible with Melodics for V-Drums to improve your sense of time
- 2-trigger inputs for additional pads or pedals
- USB port for connecting to your computer for music production
- Great Sounds Lead to Great Performances
The TD-17’s sound engine delivers a superior drumming experience thanks to Prismatic Sound Modeling technology, inherited from the flagship TD-50 sound module. Begin playing and you’ll notice a wider dynamic range and dramatic tonal changes, depending on where and how hard you strike the pad. From rim shots, rolls, flams, and ghost notes on the snare to dramatic crash hits, sustained cymbal swells, and half-open position on the hi-hats along with different sounds for the bow and edge, every nuance is detailed, accurate, and ultra-smooth.
- The Essential Tools to Improve Your Drumming
First thing’s first: drummers should be able to keep a solid beat before moving on to the exciting stuff. But mastering the basics is exciting too, as it provides a solid foundation for building your skills, not forgetting that tracking your progress is highly motivating too. The TD-17 module includes a Coach Mode to support your daily exercise regime. You can warm up, develop your sense of groove, tempo and timing, and even work on your stamina—all with a score that tells you how you’re doing.
- Play along to Video Lessons Streamed Wirelessly from Your Smartphone
Place your smartphone on the module’s front panel, connect wirelessly via Bluetooth and hear the drum lesson audio (along with your playing) coming loud and clear through headphones or monitors. Watching a video lesson and then playing along has never been easier. If you’re in a band, getting everyone together can be tough. But rather than go to rehearsals, how about bringing rehearsals to you? Even with no band, you can still work on your drum parts every day, by playing along to your song demos streamed from your smartphone. And once you really are in the same room, you’ll be more than ready.
- Record. Listen. Learn.
Listening back to your drumming is one of the best ways to improve. The TD-17 module has an onboard recorder so you can play and then review what you actually played, not what you thought you played. You can even play along and record with the onboard demo songs or audio stored on SD card. It’s also a great way to capture audio for YouTube videos.
- Find the Perfect Kit for the Music You Play
The TD-17 module includes 50 premium-quality drum kits for a range of professional musical scenarios. The warm, wooden vibes of “Acoustic.” The small-but-tight “Compact,” which captures the sound of smaller stages. The wide-open expanse of “Arena Stage.” The clarity of “Studio,” which is perfect for recording. The richness of “Fat Rock” or the intensity of “Speed Metal”…whatever music gets you going, the TD-17 will help you get there.
- Get to Know Your Gig Venue — Before You Arrive
Before the gig, become familiar with the acoustics of the venue you’ll be performing at. Use the onboard reverb and ambience of the TD-17 module to simulate the sound and become acclimatized to the venue—all from the comfort of your home. You could simulate the room ambience by adjusting the type and size or the room. The ambience effect can be applied to each kit, and you could specify how much effect applying to each pad, too.
- Create Your Very Own Signature Drum Kit
Today’s pro drummers craft their signature drum sounds by layering many sound elements; a snare sound is made by layering different snare sounds, each with their respective attack elements, ambience and so on. The TD-17 also lets you create your signature drum kit, by using onboard tuning and muffling controls, PAD EQ, 30-types of MULTI FX and more.
- Import Samples and Sound Just Like the Record
For some performances, you simply have to use a specific sound. The TD-17 module can import wav files (44.1 kHz, 16 or 24-bit) of up to 295 seconds (mono) or 148 seconds (stereo) from an SD card, so you can trigger original single-shot drum samples, or introduce entire audio phrases, sequences or vocals. Imported samples can even be mixed and layered with internal TD-17 sounds, to create a powerful and full drum sound that matches the real thing.
- Performance under Pressure, For Years to Come
Roland V-Drums are built to be reliable—from the sound module, to the pads, right down to the pedals; each component must deliver, across every scenario and in every performance. As your skills and ambitions grow, you can expand your TD-17 using two extra trigger inputs such as adding an extra crash cymbal or second snare—safe in the knowledge that you’re using the same durable components favored by pro drummers.
Drum kits: 100 (Preset: 50)
Instrument parameters: Level (Volume), Pan, Tuning, Muffling, Snare Buzz, Strainer
- Internal memory size: 32M bytes
- Number of user sample: Maximum 100 (includes factory preloaded user samples)
- Sound length (total): 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo
- File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits)
- Ambience: 25 types
- Multi effect: 30 types
- Pad equalizer: 3 band (Low, Mid, High), Capable to each pad
- Equalizer: 2 band (Bass, Treble)
- Bluetooth (excluding TD-17-L) *1
- Supported standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.2
- Supported profile: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Internal Songs: 7
- Song Player: File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16/24 bits), MP3 *2
- Recording Method: Realtime
- Maximum length: 60 min (Temporary recording: 3 min) *3
- File format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
Display: 128 x 64 dots graphic type LCD (with backlit)
External memory: SD card (SDHC supported)
- TRIGGER INPUT connector: 1 (DB-25 type) (Kick, Snare, Tom1, Tom2, Tom3, Hi-Hat, Crash1, Ride, Ride Bell, Hi-Hat Control)
- TRIGGER IN jack: 2 (CRASH 2, AUX) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- MASTER OUTPUT jack: 2 (L/MONO, R) (stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
- PHONES jack: 1 (stereo miniature phone type)
- MIX IN jack: 1 (stereo miniature phone type)
- MIDI OUT jack: 1
- USB COMPUTER jack: 1
- OUTPUT jack: 1k ohms
- PHONES jack: 94 ohms
MIX IN jack: 11k ohms
USB COMPUTER jack
- Speed: Hi-speed USB
- Driver mode: Generic, Vender
- Protocol: USB MIDI, USB Audio *4
- Sampling Rate (Original): 44.1 kHz
- Sampling Rate (with sampling rate converter): 96 kHz, 48 kHz
- Record: 2 channels (1 stereo)
- Playback: 2 channels (1 stereo)
Power Supply:AC adaptor (DC 9 V)
Current Draw: 490 mA
- Sound module mount
- AC adaptor
- Special connection cable
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Options (sold separately)
- Pads: PD series, PDX series, BT series
- Cymbals: CY series
- Kick: KD series
- Kick pedal: KT series
- Hi-hat: VH-11, VH-10
- Hi-hat control pedal: FD series
- Drum stand: MDS series
- Cymbal mount: MDY series
- Pad mount: MDH series
- Acoustic drum trigger: RT series
- Personal drum monitor: PM series
- V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
- V-Drums mat: TDM series
- Noise eater: NE series
- SD card
SIZE AND WEIGHT
Weight (excluding AC adaptor)
*1 Bluetooth function is not available for TD-17-L.
*2 Audio files must be saved on an SD card.
*3 Song recording is required SD card. The case of no inserted SD card is capable to record the temporary recording approximately 3 minutes.
*4 USB Audio is required the using vender driver and switched vender mode.
|UPC||Does not apply|
|Series||Electronic Drums & Pro Audio|