Rogers Dyna-sonic Wood Shell Snare Drum 14x6.5 White Onyx
The Rogers DYNA-SONIC Snare Drum: The Legend Returns
Rogers USA announces the rebirth of one of the brand's most coveted creations - the Dyna-Sonic, wood shell 10-lug snare drum, available in a variety of classic finishes! Rogers USA's stunning tribute to the drum that "changed the game" for snare drum standards in the mid 20th century. This beauty is constructed of select North American maple and poplar, with precision-cast, chromed hardware; all based on the original design and styling. At the heart of the drum, is the Rogers proprietary, floating snare rail system, which provides extraordinary sensitivity and control that has never been matched. Faithfully appointed with the Rogers script logo, oval badge and Clock face strainer, the new Rogers Dyna-Sonic stands as a masterpiece of art and sonic excellence.
What makes the Dyna-Sonic difference?
- Pinpoint Definition You hear the result of each stroke, even at full power always without distortion.
- Choke-Free Sound Always clear and crisp, never mushy.
- Faster Stick Rebound You get added speed and better feel with half the effort Your drum head feels solid, never soft.
- Full Dynamic Range Everywhere on the head There are no dead spots, even at the edges.
- The Sound This drum has true musical sound. The tone quality is "built in" by the unique combination of the floating snares, head, and custom shell.
- Simplest Adjustment Of any drum, a single tension screw gives you one-point uniform tensioning. Set it, and forget it.
- Shell: Proprietary maple/poplar shell with reinforcement rings
- Hoops: 10 lug - 1.6mm triple flanged batter and snare side hoop with snare gates
- Lugs: The Classic, Timeless Beavertail Lug
- Throw off: Round Clock face style strainer
- Butt end: Clock face matching butt end
- Snares: Floating snare rail system with 20 strand snare wires
- Badges: Rogers script logo badge, Dyna-Sonic Custom Built badge
- Interior finish: Fruit wood stain interior
THIS is the drum that "couldn't be built". This is the drum that solved a problem that "couldn't be solved". Before Dyna-Sonic, you tightened the snares, and the snares choked the head. Dyna-Sonic changes all that. Because your snares ride on an exclusive floating snare frame. They ride with the snare head, never dampen it. There's no choking. There's never a snare slap.
With a traditional snare drum, choking results from snare wires being pulled up too tight from the strainer knob when trying to dial out snare vibration and dry up or "crisp up" the sound. With the Dyna-Sonic snare frame, the concept is to allow the snare tension to be controlled on the frame itself, while the strainer knob simply brings the frame up to just "kiss" the bottom head. This results is superior sensitivity over the entire head and allows for all snare adjustment, from "dry" to "loose", to be controlled from the frame itself.
Roger's product designer, Joe Thompson said it best in his Jan 16, 1962 patent application for the Dyna-Sonic snare rail system: "The goal of this invention is to provide a drum with 'floating snares', which can be tensioned without putting pressure on the head, on a drum with no snare beds."
The Dyna-Sonic snare frame is that same exclusive floating snare frame design. Made of cast steel, the frame comes complete with snare wire mounted. The single tension screw located at the end of the frame, gives one-point uniformed tensioning with simple hand adjustment. Set it, and it remains in the desired position. Experience the Dyna-Sonic difference - proudly brought to you by Rogers USA.
|UPC||Does not apply|