I started playing drums at the age of 12 started hanging around music stores not long thereafter. I started my musical journey by listening to the heavier stuff like Iron Maiden, Rush, and Van Halen, and quickly developed a love for the pop hits of the 50's and 60's. It wasn't long after that that I became a fan of jazz and funk music.
I also developed an interest in the sound of the drums and cymbals that were being captured on the recordings I was listening to. When I started to creep into studios and record, I became obsessed with getting the perfect sound. Before too long, I was working in drum shops and freelancing in the studios as a drummer and a tech; tuning other peoples kits to achieve the desired sound.
So much plays a part in achieving the ideal sound; the room size, the head selection, the shell material, the sticks used, how the drums are hit, and the body of music surrounding the sound bed. I love to think of these variables when it comes to sound shaping. The centerpiece of all of this is the snare drum, so naturally I developed a passion for snare sounds, and I am constantly looking for the next drum that will create that "X Factor" that I am looking for.
I started DCP in 2009 and haven't looked back. I had an idea about the type of shop I wanted to create, and I felt it had not been done, so I went for it. It was the best choice I ever made. One of the drawbacks is that after years of being out in the trenches with my bands, I had to stop to focus on the business. I am now gigging sparingly, and I am still able to enjoy my drumming at home on various recording projects.
Click here to check out my band Lost on Liftoff: http://www.reverbnation.com/lostonliftoff
Here is another project I was a part of: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/nothing-to-lose/id269081836
Shane's Current Gear:
- Sonor Designer Birch Kit:
- 22x16, 8x8, 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 6.5x14 Snare
- Dunnett Stainless Steel 6.5x14 Snare [Buy Now]
- Ludwig Acrolite 6.5x14 Snare [Buy Now]
- A mix of Sabian, Zildjian, Paiste, Meinl, and Ufip Cymbals
- Trick Bigfoot Double Pedal [Buy Now]
- A mix of Yamaha and Pearl Hardware
- Ludwig Atlas Throne [Buy Now]
- Audix Dp7 Mic Set
I have been playing drums for about 15 years now, though music has been part of my life longer than I can remember. Currently I am in a blues/rock cover band, Brickyard Blues. I am also a producer, engineer, and mixer, working on projects regularly. In the past I have been in a few rock bands as well. I would say my biggest inspiration for wanting to play music starts and ends with The Beatles.
Click here to check out the band I am currently in: http://www.brickyardblues.com/
Click here to check one of my past bands: http://thefuturenows.bandcamp.com/
My favorite Drummers: Benny Greb, Ringo Starr, Steve Gadd, Abe Laboriel Jr., Todd Sucherman
Tony's Current Gear:
- Sonor Delite in Brilliant Black - 20x17.5/10x9/12x10/14x14/16x16
- Ludwig Classic Maple in Silver Sparkle - 22x16/10x7/12x8/16x16
- Sonor Phonic in Metallic Silver (1975) - 22x14/12x8/13x9/16x16/18x16
- Sonor Safari in Natural
- Sonor SQ2 Heavy Beech in White Marine Pearl - 14x7
- Acoutin Custom Osage Orange/Stainless Steel - 14x6.5
- Ludwig Acrolite - 14x5
- Sonor D454 Ferro Manganese - 14x5
- 20" Meinl Byzance Sand Ride
- 22" Zildjian K Dark Medium Ride
- 21" Paiste Signature Dark Energy MK1
- 14" Sabian SR2 Hats
- 14" 60's Zildjian Hats - A Light top/A New Beat bottom
- 18" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash (Brilliant)
- 18" Sabian HHX Evolution Crash
- 19" Zildjian A Thin Crash
- 12"/14" Meinl Generation X Trash Hats
- 19" 70's Zildjian A Crash/Ride
- 16" Istanbul Agop Xist Ion China
- Yamaha 800 Series snare, boom stands
- Yamaha 700 Series Hi-hat stand
- Tama Speed Cobra Pedal
Mike Walsh is a Portsmouth resident and keeps busy as a freelance drummer with many groups around the NH seacoast, southern Maine, and greater Boston. Mike is currently a member of the jazz group Equal Time, surf/jazz/soul group Tiger Belly, rock band Reverend Thunderhorse, and electronica groups Fiveighthirteen and Romeo Bonapart. In addition, to performing, Mike has a full schedule of private drum students at Portsmouth Music and Arts Center as well as Shaker Road School in Concord, NH.
Mike has been a student of the drums for over 26 years and has been a NH seacoast based full-time drum instructor and performer for the past 14 years. In 1999 Mike graduated from UNH with a Bachelor's degree in Music Performance. During that time, Mike studied with Bob Gullotti, Les Harris Jr., and Nancy Smith. Since graduation, Mike continued private studies with Dave Dicenso, Dan Weiss, and Peter Moutis. Mike has played countless gigs throughout New England as well as performances in New York City, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Mexico City. Mike has recorded and performed with The Amorphous Band, Analog Method, Hipology, and Mr Ho's Orchestrotica.
Influences: Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, Brian Blade, Max Roach, Roy Haynes, Jack Dejohnette, John Bonham, Zigaboo Modeliste, Keith Carlock, David Garibaldi, Mike Clark, Bob Gullotti, Dave Dicenso, Dan Weiss, Eric Harland, Stanton Moore, and every good drummer I ever heard or saw perform.
Click here to check out my band Fiveighthirteen: http://fiveighthirteen.bandcamp.com/album/faulting-and-uplift
Mike's Current Gear:
Currently 2 Ludwig Classic Maple drum kits both in Champagne Sparkle
- 20x16 bass drum
- 10x8 mounted tom (don't use that often)
- 12x10 mounted tom
- 14x14 floor tom
- 5 1/2 x 14 supersensitive hammered bronze snare
- 18x14 bass drum
- 12x8 mounted tom
- 14x14 floor tom
- 5 1/2 x 14 classic maple snare
Istanbul Agop OM cymbals
- 22" & 24" rides
- 16", 18", 20" crashes
- 15" hi hats
Zildjian K Constantinople cymbals
- 22" Medium Ride
- 18" crash
- 14" hi hats
- Mapex Falcon bass drum pedal
- Mix of Canopus, and Ludwig Hardware
- Vic Firth 5A, 8D, AJ3, AJ6
Sales/Inventory Manager/Media Guru
I have been playing drums since 1993, and I'm currently playing with the Boston-based cover band Radio Edit, as well as Seacoast-based original rock outfit The Sea Captains. I've been working in the music/drum industry since 2005.
Click here to check out my band The Sea Captains: http://www.theseacaptains.com
Tom's Current Gear:
- Yamaha Club Custom 20x15, 10x7, 12x8, 14x13, 16x15 in Swirl Blue
- Yamaha Recording Custom 20x16, 10x7, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16 in Deep Blue
- Sonor Safari Kit (for the lighter duty gigs)
- Dunnett 14x6.5 Trussart Engraved Steel
- Acoutin 14x6.5 Stave Hickory/Stainless Steel
- George Way 14x6.5 Tradition Cherry
- Canopus 14x5.5 3ply Walnut Special Edition
- UFIP Rough Crash/Ride 22"
- Zildjian K Constantinople Renaissance Ride 22"
- Istnbul Agop Signature Ride 21"
- Paiste 2002 Big Beat 24"
- Various Sabian Prototype Rides/Crashes
- Sabian HHX Legacy Hats 14"
- Sabian HHX Legacy Hats 15"
- Sabian HHX Evolution O-zone Crash 18"
- Sabian HHX Legacy Crashes 17" & 18"
- Meinl Byzance Jazz Extra Thin Crash 18"
- Meinl Byzance Jazz Thin Crash 18"
- Sabian AAX Ozone Splash 10" stacked on Meinl Generation X Filter China 10"
- Yamaha 700 Series
- DW Ultralight Series
- Tama Speed Cobra Single Pedal
- Ludwig Atlas Throne
- Gauger Percussion Flex Frame
- Trick 360 Mount
- Trick Cymbal Toppers
Shipping and Receiving
I have been playing drums for more than 55 years. Still as much fun as ever.
I have played the seacoast area for over 20 years. Four-N-Debt and Big John and The Twins were the last two projects. Classic rock.
I currently play in a blues based band, Long Road Home. Blues you can use!
Richard's Current Gear:
I have been playing Yamaha drums since 1982 and have owned 19 Yamaha kits
- Yamaha Oak Custom in Ice Blue Sparkle (20x17, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12)
- Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Midnight Blue Sparkle (18x14, 12x8, 14x12)
- Sabian Rod Morgenstein 21 Tri Ride
- Sabian HHX Evolution 18 Crash
- Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash
- Sabian HHX 17 Crash
- Sabian HHX 12 Splash
- Sabian SR2 14 Hi hats
- Yamaha Billy Cobham Signature
- Yamaha Loud Series 14x5.5 Black Sparkle Sunburst
- Yamaha 700 and 800 series
- DW 6700 Flat based stands
- DW5000 Turbo Pedal
Bella Boo Kinney
Bella Boo is 8 years old and has been into drumming since she was 10 weeks old. She holds an incredibly high pedigree for product knowledge and customer service. Her commitment to excellence serves as a template for the other staff members.
Favorite Drummers/Influences: My Daddy
Bella's Current Gear:
- Noble and Cooley CD Maple Kit
- Joyful Noise TKO snare
- UFIP Natural Series Cymbals